NCHS Anywhere® features a range of proprietary mobile applications, mobile medical carts, and mobile medical suitcases with diagnostic instrumentation and interactive video capabilities, providing patients, physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers with easy and convenient access to board-certified physicians and Nicklaus Children’s Hospital pediatric specialists.
NCHS Anywhere® is the telehealth service of Nicklaus Children’s Health System, parent organization of Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, South Florida’s only licensed specialty hospital exclusively for children. With more than 740 attending physicians and over 220 pediatric subspecialists, the 289-bed nonprofit hospital is renowned for excellence in all aspects of pediatric medicine and routinely has many programs ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report.
What if you could connect to a caregiver from the comfort of home when your child has symptoms requiring a medical evaluation? There would be no need to make the trip across town and wait in the waiting room to address the child's care needs. Medical assessment and diagnosis could all be conducted from your home or other chosen setting.
Available to our patients, we offer a handheld device called TytoCare™ that captures body temparature and exam data from the ears, throat, lungs, skin and heart to support clinicians in addressing care needs.
TytoCare™ is provided to participating families to support assessment of symptoms, including but not limited to:
- Eye Irritation
- Flu and Cold Symptoms
- Sinus Discomfort
- Ear Discomfort
How does it work?
Unbox and setup your BearCare device prior to your consult.
Our BearCare Service provides a remote examination tool that enables you to capture and share exam data with your doctor anytime, anywhere. This guide shows you how to use the BearCare Service device with NCHS Anywhere.
This User Guide is subject to periodic review, update and revision.
The user of this product has sole responsibility for any malfunction that results from improper use, faulty maintenance, improper repair, unauthorized service, damage, or alteration by anyone other than Tyto Care Ltd. (TytoCare).
The safety, reliability, and performance of this device can only be assured under the following conditions:
The device has been used for its indicated use and according to the operating instructions in this User Guide.
All fittings, extensions, readjustments, changes, or repairs have been carried out by a TytoCare authorized representative.
We offer convenient ways to connect to MCH Anywhere and start a consult, whether using iOS, Android or the Web.
- For Windows and Mac users, please visit www.mchanwyhere.com to begin your visit. The following browsers are supported by MCH Anywhere. Internet Explorer (Windows) and Chrome for (Mac or Windows)
- For iOS users, please visit the iOS App Store and download and install the appplication by visiting the link below.
- For Android users, please visit the Android Play Store and download and install the appplication by visiting the link below.
Signup! Create an account.
- Create a new account so you can register your child or children. CLICK HERE to start creating your account on the web.
- Enter your first name and last name.
- Choose an e-mail address to use and create a password.
- Consent to our agreements.
- Proceed by pressing "NEXT"
To create an account profile.
- Continue by entering your address, gender, date of birth, and supporting details.
- Proceed to next step by pressing "DONE"
You will be directed to a registration confirmation screen.
- Now that you have registered you can add a child or children.
- Press "ADD FAMILY MEMBER" to continue or press "BACK TO DASHBOARD" to be taken back to the dashboard.
In this screen you can add your child or children.
- Enter your child or childrens name.
- Consent to our agreement.
- Press "SAVE" or "GO TO DASHBOARD" to proceed.
Once your child has been added you will be prompted with a message.
- Press "OK" to contunue.
From the dashboard you may also add a child.
- Locate the profile icon on the top right corner of the application.
- Press "My Account" to view your profile information.
Add a family member by pressing "Add Family Member"
Input your child's name and information to add them.
- Press "SAVE" to continue and return to dashboard or add another family member.
Upon login you will be taken to the application dashboard where you have the ability to view your Encounter History, upcoming Appointments, Schedule an Appointment, or view Account Information. You will begin your consult by selecting a patient and service, then continueing to Schedule an Appointment.
- Select a child.
- Select a service. Select BearCare from the dropdown.
- Press "SEARCH PHYSICIANS" to schedule an appointment.
Screen displays results of available Providers and their appointment availability.
- Choose an available appointment with a participating Provider.
- Press appointment time to choose time slot.
Screen displays results of available Providers and their appointment availability.
- Click on "RESERVE" to set the appointment
The BearCare "Reason for Visit" screen will display information about your Consultation including a checklist that will instruct you on what you should have ready prior to the consult.
- Enter the required "Reason for Visit"
- Press "CONTINUE" or you can "CANCEL" and return to Dashboard.
- Upon pressing "CONTINUE" you will be redirected to the "Confirmation Screen".
The "Appointment Confirmation Screen" will display your confirmed Provider, name and scheduled date.
- An e-mail confirmation will also be sent to you with your appointment details.
- Press "ADD TO MY CALENDAR" if you would like to save your appointment to your device.
- Press "BACK TO DASHBOARD" to continue after reviewing your information.
Once confirmed, you will have the ability to save the appointment to your device calendar.
- Your appointment is now set and you will be able to login 15 minutes prior to your appointment from the dashboard.
- 15 Mins prior to your call your dashboard will reflect the call that you added under your next appointments.
- You can now press "START CALL" to beging your consult when ready.
- Once the call has started, you can begin to pair your Tytocare device to your Wi-Fi Router.
Turn on your BearCare device by pressing the button on the top of the device. After you turn on the BearCare device, you will be asked if you have your app ready to use. Press “I HAVE THE APP” once your app is ready to use.
The BearCare device requires a Wi-Fi internet connection to send examination data to a remote clinician. To protect the data, the Wi-Fi internet connection must be a secure network protected by a password. To connect the BearCare device to the Wi- Fi network, you’ll need to scan the Wi-Fi barcode in your NCHS Anywhere using the camera on the BearCare device.
Once the Wi-Fi barcode is displayed on the NCHS Anywhere App, press “SCAN BARCODE” on the BearCare device. Aim the device towards the barcode and position the barcode inside the squared frame until it identifies the barcode. The BearCare device will then connect to the Wi-Fi. In case the connection is not successful, make sure the Wi-Fi password is correct, and try to re-scan the barcode.
Once you start the call you will need to pair your device to your current Wi-Fi.
- Enter your "Wi-Fi Name" which is the name of your hotspot or wireless internet router.
- Enter your "Wi-Fi Password"
- The fields are case-sensitive.
- You can press the “GENERATE QR CODE” button or "SKIP" to continue without pairing your device.
Once you have paired your device to your Wi-Fi for the first time, you will not have to do this step again unless you change your location or Hotspot device.
- Once you have entered the required information then you will click on the “GENERATE QR CODE” button or "SKIP" to continue without pairing your device.
- Once you press the “GENERATE QR CODE” button this will create the QR Code that you will scan with your BearCare device.
In case the BearCare device disconnects from the Wi-Fi network during your work, you would see the following screen. Follow the above instructions and re-scan the Wi-Fi barcode to connect again.
Following successful connection to the Wi-Fi network, you’ll get the following confirmation.
Once you have clicked on start consult you will be directed to the waiting room. Once you are in the waiting room you will have the ability to pair the BearCare device to the consultation that is occurring at the moment while the Provider is getting ready. To pair your device, point your BearCare device at the QR code on the screen and that will pair your BearCare device to the consult.
Once you see the message "CONNECT" displayed on your screen and you have scanned your device you will be able to press "CONNECT" to join the consult.
Once the BearCare device is connected to the Wi-Fi and ready for use, you’ll see the following screen. To start an online visit, you’ll need to scan the visit barcode.
The visit barcode holds information to connect the BearCare device to the online visit with a remote clinician.
Please generate the visit barcode on the NCHS Anywhere, and then press “Scan Barcode” on the BearCare device. The visit code is generated automatically when visit is requested in the NCHS Anywhere app. Then, aim the camera on the BearCare device towards the barcode and wait until the device is ready for the exam.
Note: There are two types of barcodes, which can be generated by the NCHS Anywhere application. The Wi-Fi barcode and the Visit barcode. Please pay attention to select the correct barcode in the application.
The following screen is displayed until the BearCare device joins the online visit.
In case the remote clinician has still not started the online visit yet, you’ll see the following indication until the visit is started by the clinician.
The BearCare Video Consult screen will allow you to communicate with a Nicklaus Children's Health System Provider that will conduct a series of exams that require the BearCare devices. You will be guided by the Provider and onscreen instructions provided through you BearCare device. Once you complete your Video Consult you will be directed to a summary of your encounter.
Once the BearCare device joins the online visit, it is controlled by the remote clinician. The clinician is the one who selects the relevant exam, and is in full control of the BearCare device.
Please follow the clinician’s instructions while performing the exams. The clinician will tell you which exam is about to be performed.
To allow the remote clinician to see and verify that you are conducting the exams correctly, please use the video conferencing capability provided by your NCHS Anywhere. For example, by using the video conferencing capability, your doctor can advise you that you are using the stethoscope or otoscope properly.
If you wish to examine your own ears, please ask someone else to hold the BearCare device and perform the exam so he can see the device screen. This is required to perform the ears exam successfully and safely.
This screen displays your encounter summary details. A short survey will be provided at the end of your visit.
Once your visit is complete, we would like to know more about your experience and ask that you please fill out the survey to better help us meet your needs. Thank you for using the BearCare service as we strive to provide new features and services for our consumers in the future.
Specialist Pediatric Consults with NCHS Anywhere®
Pediatric consultations can be scheduled with individual subspecialists or a team of subspecialists as required. Whether it's a complex multi-specialty case or simply the comfort of a second opinion, the medical staff at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital is ready to provide expert assistance, advice and support. Medical translation services are also available for international customers.